- Early in 2016, Condé Nast Traveller magazine set the pace for other publications by selecting Greece as 1 of the top 6 destinations to visit in May.
- 14 Greek islands were also noted by Condé Nast Traveller as the ideal summer destinations. The Cycladic islands of Mykonos, Santorini, Tinos, Andros, Naxos and Sifnos were singled out. Corfu and Kefallonia in the Ionian Sea, as well as Rhodes, Symi, Patmos and Astypalaia, and not forgetting Hydra and Crete, were all selected for being the best in Greece.
- The Virtuoso Traveller publication ranked Greece within the top 10 locations for jet-setters.
- Greece was chosen as one of the best countries to visit in the world in 2015-16 according to The Telegraph Travel Awards.
- The Express newspaper singled out Crete and Skopelos for being 2 out of the top 5 Best European Short Getaways. In addition to this, Corfu & Santorini were ranked in the 6 Best Mediterranean cruising destinations.
- Also mentioned by The Express were the islands of Corfu & Santorini for being amongst the six best Mediterranean cruising destinations.
- Greece’s mainland also made it in the destinations charts, as The Mirror mentioned Kalamata and Messinia in their Top 10 New Hot Destinations of 2016.
- More recently, in November of 2016, Conde Nast Traveller ranked Greece’s capital, Athens, 5th out of 17 destinations worldwide for Best Places to Travel to in 2017.